Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Vacation!

Two weeks- my husband and I hit the road and didn't look back.  Except when we had to turn around when I forgot my purse (who does that?!)!  We honestly had the best time, we road-tripped from Connecticut to North Carolina.  



 We stopped to visit the Jersey Shore, spent the night in Atlantic City {where we were upgraded to a suite bigger than our apartment, with the same number of bathrooms!} 

 Don't judge me...I'm a fan of Jersey Shore!




From Jersey we made our way down to Virginia Beach {where we stayed in the most shady hotel I've ever stepped foot in!  Creeeppppyyy!!}, we snuck out to a wonderful dinner and had a great seafood dinner followed by a not so good night of sleep.   The next morning I bribed Steven to drive over the Chesapeake Channel Tunnel during the day!  Considering I bought breakfast, it was the least he could do...right!?



It was so beautiful and Steven agreed it was worth the trip and $20 in tolls.  I don't know how he puts up with me hahah

From Virginia we headed to Topsail, North Carolina!  Steven and I were contracted to shoot a beach wedding of a dear friends sister, she was so wonderful and offered a room in her vacation house & wedding venue for us to stay.  Little did we know we'd be staying in a mansion literally on the beach!  Our room was on the same floor as my friend, and we had ocean views from both windows {um, dare I tell you we woke up to dolphins EVERY morning!}  We are so grateful Sarah & Will allowed us to stay!  We were there for five days...it was amazing! 



We ventured down to South Carolina for dinner, we went to Dick's....I'd post the pictures but the hats they make you wear are SO bad!! haahahaha and by bad I mean inappropriate!

We went from North Carolina to DC for the night, it was AMAZING!!!!  I've never been and I wanted to be as much of a tourist as humanly possible!!!














The day and night we stayed in DC was perfect and I cannot wait to go back!  Our hotel was in the heart of the city {I sweet talked my way into another upgrade- a suite with a view of the Washington Monument from the bed!  Breathtaking at night!!}

From DC we headed to Baltimore from crab, we had the best dinner of our trip!  and YING LING beer!  Which is my favorite and it is not sold anywhere around here and that, my friends, is a sad thing!  We wrapped up our trip with a weekend of baseball in Jersey- which led to dinner, drinks & dancing till the wee hours!

It was by far our second favorite vacation in the nearly 8 years we've been together {second to our honeymoon!}

It was great to finally jot this down and take a look at the pictures!  I've been straight out busy I hadn't had an opportunity to review them :) 

Where is your favorite vacation spot?

No comments:

Post a Comment