Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2016 in Review!

2016 was a HUGE year for me...in case you don't know I resigned from my full-time job! It was very bitter sweet, I knew it was time to leave but I loved what I did.  Steven and I had talked for months and months and I finally did it.  I've never been happier.  I'm doing a ton of freelance work in the same industry that I was working it, so it's wonderful to keep my design kills sharp in the dietary supplement industry as well as still designing logos, branding, invitations etc.  It surely was a scary point but it has worked out so well.  I'm incredibly grateful for the ability to pursue this dream and for the support of my husband, family and friends...without them I would be a mess!  Well...more of a mess than I already am!

In 2016 I had the privilege of meeting a bunch of new clients, while still seeing all of my favorite clients.  Santa came to visit the studio again this year...for another sold out event, I'm considering adding another day next year!  We had wonderful fall and Christmas mini sessions, three surprise weddings (where the guests had NO idea they were getting married or had already been married...I'm the BEST secret keeper FYI ;)), celebrated growing families...both growing in ages and adding new additions, we  celebrated birthdays (my studio saw more cake this year than any before), engagements and graduations.  It's been a heck of a year and I'm so proud of the outcome. I hope you cherish your photos as much as I do.














 
 


 












 


 






 

In 2017- I hope to continue to grow as a photographer, plans to upgrade my equipment and continue my education as a business owner are priorities.  Every year I have the good intentions to blog and I fail...but not this year.  I am vowing to myself to blog much more.  Blogging is a great way for me to get my thoughts about a session, whether I want to talk about the child from a recent family session, show off the bling from a recent engagement or share some more personal things on the blog.  So that's the goal!  As for personal goals, I want to be an all around better person (not that I'm a terrible person! haha)...I want to tell someone I like their hair or their shoes when I really do, I want to purchase the coffee for the person behind me in line at Starbucks, I want to volunteer and give back (not just during the holiday season).  I also want to work towards being more productive daily and making better use of my time.   I'm currently working at St. Francis part-time in the maternity department taking newborn photos which means I have a bit of an inconsistent schedule. I'm finally getting the hang of juggling a crazy schedule now I need to focus on making better use of my time.  Everyone is a work in progress, right?  What are your goals for 2017?  Do you want to learn a new skill?  Change jobs?  Plan an epic vacation? 

Thank you for all the wonderful memories you allowed me to capture this year, I look forward to seeing you all in 2017! I'm incredibly thankful for you!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment